Dienstag, 9. Juni 2009

Comment on the EP election

I’ve just read an article on the online version of „Austrian times“ about the European Parliament elections on Sunday.

I thought you might be interested because the European Union regards to everybody.

Basically what it says is, that the Social Democrats lost a lot of votes and that Hans-Peter Martin and the Freedom Party are the real winners of this election.
The Greens will lose one of their seats.
The other parties like Young Liberals, the Communist Party and the BZÖ failed overcoming the five-per-cent hurdle.

Here is a diagram which shows the solution again:






What surprised me most was the fact that the Freedom Party won a lot of votes and that the Social Democrats lost so much.

I was also shocked to hear that only 42.4 per cent cast their vote.

Finally I could say that I don’t think that there will be a big change in Austria.

Keine Kommentare: